Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Ebola: a Virus in the Human Body!


   Ebola is a virus disease. It is a sever fever or illness in the human body. The virus can be passed on  from wild animals and the disease will spread through the body. It can also be passed on by human- to-human interaction. That means when humans come in contact with blood, poop and pee, organs, or other body fluids from infected animals or humans. The symptoms usually start to show between two to twenty one days. The symptoms that show are fever fatigue, muscle pain, headache, and sore throat. Then, there is vomiting, diarrhea, rash, symptoms of impaired kidney and liver functions, sometimes there might be bleeding on the outside of your body and on the inside. The current update on where the virus is that it is in West Africa and it is pretty contagious. "It is the largest and most complex Ebola outbreak since the Ebola virus was first discovered in 1976." (http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs103/en/) Well, there hasn't been a proven treatment to treat the virus in the human body but there are experimental treatments that the scientists or doctors are working on the two current Ebola patients that were in Africa.

 
    Pretty scary stuff right? I think this virus is pretty serious and I don't think I want to be in the U.S. for college anymore. From learning about this virus, I have changed my mind because I want to wait for the vaccine to come out. I'm too scared to go to the United States and the Ebola virus could be there. Well, that is it, I hope you learned something new today and enjoyed my post. Have a great day.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment