Monday, March 23, 2015

Future Educators of Alaska Academy in Juneau- University of Southeast


          I left Saint Paul Island, Alaska on March 16th of this month. When we first got to Anchorage, we had a little free time. The next day on the 17th, the State Officers in each organization like our Future Educators of Alaska organization had to prepare for our big event at the Hilton Hotel in Anchorage. I am the State President in Future Educators of Alaska. I have been in FEA for three years now. I have been the Secretary of State, Vice President, and I am spending my last year in FEA as a State Officer in the Career Technical Student Organizations. The State officers meet in September, January, and in March before the conferences and competitions start for the organizations to prepare for everything in March at the conference.
         On the 17th, we had meetings with our committees like I had to be in the opening committee with the other State Presidents from the other organizations. Our meetings went on all day. The meetings are for preparing for the opening and closing ceremony and all of the events that will be happening in the Career Technical Student Organizations convention which is usually March 19-21 every year but it changes every year. On the 19th of March, our conferences at CTSO started, State Officers had to be up early and ready by 7 in the morning and the meetings/activities would be all day. The day would end at night every day. Then, on the 20th-21st of March, there is more activities and workshops for all the organizations and at the end of the conferences, there is a dance/banquet, and a closing ceremony. The last day in Anchorage we shopped and had fun. The next day we arrived in Juneau for the FEA Academy.
          The FEA Academy is about two to three days. During my 10th grade year, we toured the University of Alaska Anchorage campus and during my 11th grade year, we toured the University of Alaska Fairbanks college. This year we are in Juneau, and we are touring the University of Alaska Southeast college. My chaperone, classmate, and I got here in Juneau yesterday on the 22nd of March, and we are staying at the Extended Stay Hotel. Today, the 23rd of March, many activities have happened at the UAS college. Everyone in FEA had to be in the lobby of our hotel at 7:45 in the morning. By 8:10 in the morning, every group had to board buses and we are separated by group animals. My chaperone and I are in the Salmon group and my classmate is in the dog group. So, there are different animal groups and they separate every one by district so everyone could get to know one another rather than staying with your district who you already know. After that, we stayed at the UAS campus the whole day and we went back to the hotel at 7:15 at night.
         I really like the UAS campus because it is really beautiful and I feel like I am at home with seeing the totem poles. I am from Southeast, so it really is cool to tour the UAS campus. I am thinking about going to UAS this year because I am graduating this year on May 15, 2015. I can't wait to graduate and go to UAS. It is going to be an adventurous year and a year filled with experiences.
        Unfortunately, I leave tomorrow night around 6 to go to the airport and get checked in. We go to the UAS campus one more time and stay there all day like today from morning until dinner time. I am really sad that it is my last year in FEA. FEA has really made an impact on my life. I am more of a leader, role model, and social person. It has helped me get out of my comfort zone. Although, I can say that I did accomplished a lot in FEA. I was State Officer for three years and I won in a competition this year. So, I feel like I am leaving Future Educators of Alaska as a legend or a person to be remembered by all. I would say Future Educators of Alaska is the greatest thing that has ever happened to me in my entire life, I wouldn't change it for the world.

1 comment:

  1. I miss Juneau I want to go back so bad. I hope they have Culinary Arts at the University because thats where I want to go for college! I want to go there for college because it is very beautiful there. I wish were there longer, the only thing I did not like was pretty much flying by myself. I was happy Mr.Stacks was with me so I didn't feel so scared. It would be cool if Future Educators of Alaska would go to Juneau again. I dont think we will be going there tell my Senior year. Which is sad, I like Fairbanks and Anchorage but they get boring after a while. One day I will move to Juneau in the future because I can consider it my second home.

    ReplyDelete